I ate my wafer...

5/16/2007

Keep Moving Forward

So, about a year or so ago, I heard about the polarization based, "Disney 3D" method of 3-D cinematography, and decided to see it, even if it meant watching a horrid children’s film. As it turned out, my efforts to watch Chicken Little in 3D were thwarted by my local movie theatre’s accounting department, which had forced a switch to the regular 2D version, resulting in my watching of part of Chicken Little without 3-D, then more or less forgetting about the entire Disney 3-D concept.

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to see “Meet the Robinsons” in polarized, digital 3-D. It definitively was worth the obscene, $10/student discount ticket price, both for the excellent 3-D experience , and for the admittedly somewhat sappy plot.

Not to spoil the movie, but in my current position as a newly minted inventor, the memorable line from the movie, “keep moving forward,” was very amusing. If nothing else, it made me realize that as much as Cornelius Robinson uses that line, I use various versions of “It’s not what we can do with (the tool/item we wish we had), but whether we/I can figure out a way to do it with (what we have right now).” So...can anyone post a good comment involving my use of that phrase? The next time we meet face to face, I'll buy a beverage for each person that can come up with a good Mcguyver-esque story.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • It involves and turkey baster, a glass jar, and a shop towel...and that is as much as I can say.

    -finite

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 AM  

  • http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=395367>1=10142

    It is two hours from my parents house but I figure it would be well worth the gas for the laughs (and we could steal scotch from my parents).

    -finite

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • Didn't you take the gas system fomr your kegorator and use it on some physics projects involving lasers once?

    Chris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home