I ate my wafer...

6/12/2006

Typical Request for random esoteric and arcane stuff:

(Blogger has been extra special annoying lately, and I'm posting some old saved posts tonight)

Current Bob needs list:

A. Info on spotwelder construction. I have some capacitors laying around, and a pile of AK recievers that need rails....

B. Flywheel for a 1930's 0.9 Horsepower Evinrude Elto outboard. Yes, I could TIG weld mine, but alas, I weld like a mentally deficient kindergardener, and welding an unknown composition magnesium alloy seems ill advised.

C. Straight razors (carbon steel, hollow ground, 6/8 size), strop, badger hair shaving brush. Older the better. Personal experence and knowhow with regards to these items also wanted.

D. Fossils. Well, specifically Trilobites. More Specifically Cephalopyge notabilis Zone trilobites.

E. Jarts. I played for the first time over memorial day weekend, and its nearly as dangerously fun as beer bottle baseball.

F. Info on building an air gauge...not the tire kind, but the kind for holes, preferably I want to use
Kulite silicon sensors and maybe LabView. I want to combine this with one of my dad's more or less current projects.

G. An old high pressure gas cylinder of either 220 or 250 Cubic feet capacity. I don't care what gas the cylinder was for, or what valve, if any, it has. I don't care if the cylinder is way out of test date, though it needs to be structurally sound.

9 Comments:

  • my uncle was almost killed by a lawn dart... caught him the neck. another centimeter to left and I would have been minus one uncle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

  • Bob your list frightens the crap out of me. My theory is either an overly elaborate prank, In which case I want in, or some sort of crazy ass shaving invention, in which case I have no desire to be a test subject for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 AM  

  • Krupa, somehow I find your story boring...

    By Blogger Finite, at 3:14 PM  

  • Chris....its not like I'm putting all the things together, its a list of all the random wierd crap I'm looking for at the moment. Then again, I think I'll build you a outboard motor powered shaver for Christmas.

    Krupa...The dangerous part of throwing lawn darts is the entire fun part. Its sort of like combining beer bottle baseball and beer pong.

    By Blogger Bob, at 12:14 PM  

  • of course it was boring. you weren't the one with the lawn dart sticking out of your neck.

    bob, I suppose, then, you have a drinking version of lawn darts?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

  • Hmm, upon first seeing the image for lawndarts on wikipedia...I thought it had something to do with throwing them at children.

    By Blogger Finite, at 5:25 PM  

  • What needs an AK, boat motor, straight razor, jarts, air gauge, gas cylender and fossils?

    a) The weapon that's going to destroy the world.
    b) The newest version of Frankenstein.
    c) The party this weekend.
    d) Bob.

    By Blogger Daniel Silliman, at 8:48 PM  

  • Silliman...you do realize that Bob wants the gas cylinder to build a cannon that throws a bowling ball 600 yards....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

  • Bob, I'll sell you my bowling ball mortar.

    By Blogger Finite, at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home