I ate my wafer...

12/16/2005

Is law school high pressure?

I just got out of a difficult exam, with fair questions, but far too many to be answered in the time allowed. I’m not complaining though, being that one of my classmates was barely conscious throughout the exam, having checked herself out of the hospital an hour earlier. She had been in pre-op for an emergency appendectomy, but stood up and walked out rather than take the grade hit for missing the exam. She had apparently forced her way out, even at some risk of the appendix rupturing during the exam, and was bent over from the pain, having refused pain meds that might compromise her performance. She still had the hospital bracelets on, and was seeking blood through the bandage where her IV line had been only minutes earlier.

7 Comments:

  • Holy SHIT. I want that girl on my defense team when I'm brought up on charges of conspiracy.

    By Blogger Daniel, at 1:02 AM  

  • Fucking hell.

    By Blogger August., at 11:30 PM  

  • What a nut job! And if I ever hear of you pulling a stunt like that ... you will NOT be a happy camper.

    By Blogger TheAmber, at 10:00 AM  

  • This is why law school is a sport. It's more than a sport, cause you can't play sports when you're bleeding.

    By Blogger HalfwayHouse, at 6:48 PM  

  • Amber, what exactly can you do to someone in law school exams to make them LESS of a happy camper?

    Face it, either Michelle or I would probably take the exam in that condition, and risk whatever you'd do to us later.

    By Blogger Bob, at 8:25 PM  

  • Yup, doing that sounds damn expected to me. I wouldn't wanna take the grade hit either.

    By Blogger Judge373, at 6:12 PM  

  • Bob, you need to reproduce with that woman.

    By Blogger luke, at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home