I ate my wafer...

4/28/2005


Jake Allen has passed this onto me.

Behold, the Caesar?s Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can?t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), ?Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice.?

1. Children as Pets. Seriously, I have several acquaintances that have recently had children "because the house seemed empty". What the @#$%? Are you afraid to say the real reason, or are you so utterly incapable of buying pets, planst, art, furniture, and other house filling items that you resorted to procreating.

2. People who take too many items into the express lane. An item or two over, not a big deal. But double or triple the limit; you're being a completely inconsiderate ass. I've started politely mentioning this to people who are clearly over the limit, with interesting results: most people are embarrassed, apologized briefly and leave, but one lady with over 50 items in a 12 item Meijer lane snapped and told me that "I'd understand when I have kids". Anyone care to guess what I told her?

3. MP3 ringtones. I completely don't get it. What's the point of playing half of some pop song whenever your phone rings. I know that some people see it as an opportunity to tell that its their phone...but if its in your pocket, vibrate or haptics should take care of that anyway. Not to mention that playing half of Hey Baby every time doesn't sound like your phone, it sounds like an ipod that's gone insane.

4. Adults over the age of 25 that blame their current life difficulties on their parents. I'm sorry, but unless you were severely abused, its about time to start taking some responsibility. The fact that you didn't get a NES for Christmas in 1987 is no longer relevant to your current career/personal life situations.

5. Spinning Wheels. One would think that no law students would have fallen victim to such stupidity, espicially on a daily driven car in MI, but no, there are several. Unless my math is completely out of whack, putting 4x$375 wheels + 4x$100 tires is more than some of the cars are worth. If you have to do something this silly to your car, at least try to keep prospective employers from seeing it until AFTER they hire you.


I pass this on to Peter Krupa.

2 Comments:

  • You know, I was sort of wondering about that too, the description of what it was, compared to what Jake and Sarah wrote didn't seem to match. Anyway, I may well revise it, though the cell phone ring tones, slipping an extra item in the checkout, and even having kids to fill up ones house might fall into the very minimal admiration.


    I do find it funny that the Hillsdale blogging community has managed to take this and turn it into an outright opportunity to rant.

    By Blogger Bob, at 6:48 PM  

  • Awww.. thanks James :o) I am a little fierce sometimes, I guess. Hear me roar!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home