I ate my wafer...

4/13/2005

(Currently IN trademark law, discussing how Mattel tries not to let anyone make fun of Barbie. )

So, I'm a regular reader of The Onion, and for that matter Landover Baptist, and Modern Drunkard Magazine, all fine internet publications that make heavy use of satire and parody. Out of curiousity, I just fired up google to see if any of those publications had been hit with a trademark lawsuit...which lead me to jesussaves.us. Originally I thought that jesussaves must be a parody site themselves...but they appear to be serious excepting their online store? With all due apologies to Jake and my other baptist friends, even though it maybe a serious site, it is HILLARIOUS. I espicially liked the creation science fair, with projects such as ""Using Prayer To Microevolve Latent Antibiotic Resistance In Bacteria".

1 Comments:

  • Landover Baptist and jesussaves.us hit metafilter about a month ago, so a lot more people are familiar than they used to be, especially the "science fair".

    I am certainly Southern Baptist, but do not associate with fringe baptists any more than you would associate yourself with fringe lawyers. I try to be faithful in my thinking, and thinking in my faith. (You might remember from college the times Sam and I opposed Creation Science.)

    Landover Baptist makes me sad, because there really are non-thinkers trying to represent Jesus. I wish Landover was so far from reality that it were not funny. Unfortunately, it is funny.

    MADNESS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home