I ate my wafer...

1/24/2005

To steal from Krupa...it is my blog and I'll cry if I want to

On the downside, I'm overworked, overstressed and extremely underslept looking at a 10am to 9:30 day of classes. I have stuff to mail, a broken hard drive to RMA, an overdue tape at Blockbuster, laundry to run, a room to clean, bills to pay, the patent bar to study for, job-whoring to do, etc. I've unintentionally been screwing up friendships left and right which sort of has a sword of damocles effect on dealing with the other problems.

Well on the bright side, the week has to get better, odds are definitely good on that; even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while. I had one Camel Dark Mint cigarette left from Christmas, which I smoked on the way to class, so I'm awake, if bored and completely unwilling to pay any attention whatsoever to the intricacies of the rules of evidence. The weekend was good despite -7F lows and piles of snow. Hell, even the lack of sleep is sort of a bonus when it comes to getting up early enough for a substantial breakfast.

"With insomnia, nothing's real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy." -Fight Club

2 Comments:

  • Breathe. One thing at a time. Cleaning (unless you find it soothing ... don't laugh, I know people like that) can wait ... unless you are ENTIRELY out of clean clothes ... laundry can wait too. In the broad view of life those things just don't matter. So unless you suddenly find yourself with an abundance of time scratch those two things off your to-do list. One bonus of insomnia is that you can clean at 3am once you have decided that sleep just isn't in the cards. (How did my parents know I had insomnia when I was little? They would wake up to a clean kitchen)
    Now, unless there is a good deal I don't know ... your friendships are all fine. Stop being so hard on yourself ... leave that to others. :)

    By Blogger TheAmber, at 12:41 PM  

  • It was just venting, since then, I've consumed enough caffiene to be more functional, and had a great conversation with Pete Krupa. Originally about a lack of quality beer in Costa Rica...which lead to the interesting and unlikely possibility of fixing that problem for him. (And, getting to play Bogart (Casablanca, or To Have and Have Not) and open a beachfront bar and grill.)

    By Blogger Bob, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home