I ate my wafer...

1/27/2005

A breif experiment in live-blogging:

Currently sitting in consitutional law II...and we're doing Roe. V. Wade today, and...its getting ugly.


Student "A": The definition of citezen in the 14th amendment implies birth as a prerequisite for legal rights....

Professoress Con Law.: ...by that, there's no legal protection against murdering migrant workers.

Student "B": This involuntary servitude argument is B.S., sex is voluntary, the woman signed up to be pregnant.

Student "C": I guess you've never been raped...

Professoress Con Law.: Why don't we require men to donate organs if needed to their offspring to the age of 18.
Student "D": There is a massive fairness problem with requiring child support...

Student "E" Artifical incubators....





4 Comments:

  • hee hee hee ... I can feel a bit of "rabid Amber" coming on ... there are SO MANY issues with reproductive rights ... ah well.

    By Blogger TheAmber, at 4:04 PM  

  • Oh lovely. I assume you're keeping your mouth shut and not touching the subject with a ten foot pole?

    Or maybe you'll just jump in with a withering assault on both sides. :)

    By Blogger Fr. A, at 9:47 AM  

  • Professoress Con. Law is doing the withering assualt on both sides pretty well...the discussion shall continue Tuesday, and I may or may not jump in.


    I do have to say that the live blogging experiment shall not be repeated, it is too hard to figure out what is interesting enough to use on the fly.


    I would assume that the day(s) we do Planned Parenthood v. Casey will be much more interesting.

    By Blogger Bob, at 2:04 PM  

  • Con Law I is such a drag. You don't talk about any of the good stuff.

    By Blogger HalfwayHouse, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home