I ate my wafer...

9/26/2004

Well, Metzger, Krupa, and Luke are all posting up a storm now, so I shall try to be more regular as well.

In response to several posts from Metzger about pickup lines, and one post by Dan Greene
about catholic dating, I would offer up the following :

I have on good authority that a certain friend of mine once convinced a young lady to sleep with him on the basis that he was planning on entering the preisthood (which he most certainly was not). I guess that the idea was that is was a one shot opportunity to have a little taste of flesh, and she would be complemented as the only woman he would ever "know". In one of the versions of the story, he told her that he hoped a breif illicit hetreosexual fling would be keep him away from the altar boys.

....it worked for him


2 Comments:

  • Bob,
    Strangely enough I have had someone try that line on me! A guy I knew from High School was all "Blah, Blah, Blah took a year off of Seminary ... because I wanted to try sex before I devoted myself to celibacy. Can I get you another drink, Amber? So, what are you doing later tonight?" I kid you not ... and no, I didn't sleep with him.

    By Blogger TheAmber, at 10:37 AM  

  • On the other hand...

    We were in the bar accross the back field from the seminary, me and the guys who're named The Bishop, The Monk and The Pope (tho they all respond to Padre) after their classes having some local beer and the cute waitress finds out this is a seminary group and says, "wait wait, you guys like can't have sex?"

    How's that for an opening?

    By Blogger Daniel Silliman, at 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home