I ate my wafer...

9/23/2004

Wave-Particle Duality and the Abortion Debate.

Anyone remember the argument that Blandus and I fought over the non-therapuetic use of ultrasounds, espicially 3-d ultrasounds?

Anyway, the New York Times just did an piece on it, complete with the official dumb quote of the week:

"There's no radiation involved with ultrasounds, just high frequency waves," Dr. Yemi-Komshian said.

Thinking about the Sci 101, and Physics 102 labs that I taught, and the high numbers of pre-med people in 102, I'm very afraid that I didn't spend enough time explaining the double slit experiment.




3 Comments:

  • Your opinions do not see that far apart, you and Blandus . . . help me understand.

    Jake Allen
    ockhamist.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

  • Jake, this post had nothing to do with the original argument between Blandus and I...it was about how silly it is to say that ultrasounds don't involve radiation.

    But the original issue was that I don't think the Ultrasound scoiety, or whatever it is called is inherently pro-abortion because they want ultrasounds only conducted for medical purposes.

    By Blogger Bob, at 11:59 AM  

  • thanks. now it's clear.
    /jake allen
    ockhamist.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home