I ate my wafer...

7/09/2004

Bartenders Hate Me

What I want:

A. A good beer, preferably a microbrew that I haven't had, or
B. A small Irish Whiskey (Bushmill's Black for preference), neat, with a glass of water on the side (no ice)


What Happens:

Typically, I ask what beers they have on tap...if the answer is the typical Bud/Miller/Coors products, I ask if they have any Irish Whiskey. About half the time, the response is, "ahh, is that like Black Velvet" or "What is Irish Whiskey, is that new."

Then I explain that Irish Whiskey is one of the oldest distilled beverages, that Bushmills has been in continual operation since 1608, and that Irish Whiskey is sort of like scotch, except that it actually tastes decent.

Then I order MGD.

3 Comments:

  • I have the same problem all the time (I've been going out to the bars a lot since Lane left)... I have come to like Canadian Club though, so I ussually grab a shot of that quick and then the MGD, or God forbid Michelob Light, doesn't taste so bad... I have had a couple of good beers in the past two weeks though, just can't remember what they were... Oh yeah, blue moon has become a favorite, as well as my ussual Guiness or Black and Tan...
    Jon Hoyt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 PM  

  • Hoyt,
    Blue Moon is rather good, no?
    Bob! Boy you did come back with a vengance ... oh and I bet the husband still hates you and is still pissed.

    By Blogger TheAmber, at 9:29 AM  

  • Blue moon is OK...I'm ambivalent towards wheat brews in general, but it has sort of spice or maybe fruit undertone to it isn't bad.

    Amber: If you saw said paralegal, you'd quickly understand why the husband assumes such things. However, I'm quite happily functioning as the gay friend, and have utterly no designs on her whatsoever.

    By Blogger Bob, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home