I ate my wafer...

7/11/2004

And I Learn New Things All The Time

So I saw a professional soccer game on Friday evening. It was ok, though the rain and the bugs made the last half drag out. Unfortunately, I left my car at the office and rode over to the game with one of our paralegals (so that I wouldn't have to find it in Fort Wayne). We stopped at her house for something like 30 seconds to move a couple of lawnchairs onto the porch, and said hello to the thirteen year-old neighbor girl. Apparently, the neighbor girl told the paralegal's husband ("husband") that his wife had brought a strange man home. The husband is apparently a bit irrationally jealous to begin with, so he promptly got very angry and assumed that his wife was cheating on him. *Meanwhile, I'm sitting fat, dumb, and happy at the soccer game.* So, after the game, he called his wife, and they proceeded to have a very loud, and angry argument on the phone...while I was still in her car. So, I spent nearly 45 minutes being driven around Fort Wayne, on wet streets, by an utterly furious woman. I responded to this whole situation by smoking a vast number of unfiltered Gauloises (which are horrid things).

It turned out ok, I think, and I can now say that I've been chased by a jealous husband, that I've watched professional soccer, and that I've smoked Gauloises. I would just assume only repeat 1 of the 3 experiences!

5 Comments:

  • I hesitate asking this but, which one?

    Gunar

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • I have to laugh a little at the concept of having a hard time finding things in Ft. Wayne...I'm the most pronounced geographic doof on the planet and after 3 months even I could get around there! You're slipping, Bob...;-)

    By Blogger TeaLizzy, at 7:45 PM  

  • Well, remember that I would have been doing it at rush hour on Friday, in a 4900lb truck with no A/C and only 125 Horsepower...so, yes, I could have found it, but I really didn't want to drive.

    By Blogger Bob, at 8:50 PM  

  • That's quite a story. I can see how the players involved would do just that.

    By Blogger S.F., at 12:18 AM  

  • Ahh, yes, I was hoping that you would read this, as you're the only person that has met the other characters. Wild times indeed.

    By Blogger Bob, at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home