I ate my wafer...

6/13/2004

Dell rhymes with...


You know that nice feeling when you've finally setup everything on a computer exactly perfect? I had that about two weeks ago with my Dell Laptop. I had a slick setup of dual booting Windows XP and Fedora Linux. I even had everything working under Linux.
My MP3's were organized. I had Microsoft Streets and Trips set up perfectly with my GPS installed. WinALDL was working great. It was, in fact, too good to be true, so the underpants gnomes killed my hard drive and I lost it.

So, I've just spent a fun weekend reinstalling stuff onto my laptop's new harddrive. Dell, despite their engineering errors has at least coughed up new hardware quickly (In the last 9 months: 1 AC adaptor, 1 display screen, 1 hard drive, and a new set of rubber feet). Fortunately, I had copies of most everything important, minus some half finished blog posts on animal sexuality and ethanol based gasoline.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Bob,
    WIth you next complete install make a "Ghost" (SYMANTEC GHOST)image of your hard drive so that if anyting happens again you can get back to a good begining.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home